This was a fun project to
do and I'll continue to periodically make up panel sets
to sell on eBay. I enjoyed every aspect of it and found
the sewing to be very rewarding. Did everything come out
as I hoped for....Yes. Did everything come out
perfect....Heck No. So here's the Good, the Bad and the
love the way the doors came out, especially
the pleats and door pulls. I may still add a
trim screw to the pocket which will
eliminate the wrinkle......but as my wife
pointed out....I actually use the pocket
which may put stress on the trim screw.
Maybe a 1" chrome bar with two screws in it?
I love the
door pull and the door cap. Here you can
really see how the cap blends right in with
the door panel.
didn't do the door cap in leather out of
fear of messing it up but it was really easy
to do and looks great.
These also came
out great and I think the pleats add just
the right touch.
arch covers look so much better then the
stock ones though they can hardly be seen
The bottom of the
"B" pillar came out real nice and looks
great in leather.
arch panel looked great until I had to make
that bend at the top left and then the
leather wrinkled. It's too bad as I matched
the pleats from the door perfectly. The only
thing I can think of would be to soak that section
of back board in water and then screw it in place and
let the back board take the shape of the
curve. Maybe if the leather were applied to
an already curved board it wouldn't wrinkle.
there's the trunk panel. This is the new
trunk panel as the original one I made had a
glue ....... or lack there of, problem. When
I made the original panel I was having
trouble with my glue gun and it showed in
the final product once I got it
installed........ the leather puckered up
and separated from the foam so this is the
new improved panel.